Things KCB does not help with the collection and recycling of:
Styrofoam and Plastic Bags
- All Styrofoam may be recycled in the receptacles outside of Publix Supermarket
- Plastic bags may be recycled at Publix, Kroger or Wal-Mart
- Do not spill any oil on the ground.
- Put your used motor oil in a clean plastic container with a tight lid. Never store used oil in a container that once held chemicals, food, or beverages.
- Do not mix the oil with anything else, such as antifreeze, solvent, or paint.
- Take used motor oil to a auto parts distributor, service station or other location that collects used motor oil for recycling. (epa.gov)
Ammunition, Gun Powder and Explosives
- Ammunition and gun powder can usually be donated to a local gun store
- If you’re out at the shooting range, don’t trash your casings! Many metal recyclers welcome brass casings from bullets. Make sure that there’s no powder or primer remaining inside.
- Brass ammunition casings can also be reloaded. Websites such as eBay are great places to start if you wish to sell your empty casings to reloaders.
- Do not put any explosive substances in your curbside recycling or garbage bin. Doing so could cause a dangerous situation for both yourself and the people processing your recycling.
- An explosive user’s license is required for anyone wishing to dispose of unwanted explosives. Prior training and knowledge regarding disposal methods are necessary.
- If you have doubts about how to properly dispose of any explosive materials, contact your local fire or police department by dialing 311 (in most states, for non-emergency situations). (Earth911.com)
Pharmaceuticals or expired over the counter medicine
- These can be put in a drop box 24 hours a day/7 days a week at the Carroll County Jail lobby with no questions or paperwork, located at: 1000 Newnan Rd, Carrollton, GA 30116
Radioactive materials and bio-infectious material
- Contact the Environmental Protection Agency (epa.gov)
For a search of local facilities that recycle various other items visit: http://search.earth911.com