Carrollton Greenbelt’s Adopt-A-Trail accepting applications for 2016/2017 season
The Friends of Carrollton GreenBelt, LLC will partner with Keep Carroll Beautiful to promote the Adopt-A-Trail volunteer program.
The Adopt-A-Trail initiative is a great way for individuals, families and organizations to get involved with the Carrollton GreenBelt by supplementing the maintenance efforts of City of Carrollton Parks and Recreation Department. Carrollton community is invited to take responsibility for the trail by performing simple tasks that include picking up litter, reporting repair needs and cleaning trail signage.
Keep Carroll Beautiful is currently managing the Carroll County Adopt-A-Road program, and will aid the Carrollton GreenBelt with volunteer registration, selection and training.
Please fill out and return the application to Keep Carroll Beautiful.
Anyone can sign up to care for a section of the trail. We welcome individuals, families, churches, social groups, schools, scout troops, community organizations and businesses. As some parts of the trail are longer and more remote than others, groups of at least two volunteers are encouraged.
To successfully adopt a trail, volunteers are required to attend a half-an-hour orientation.
During their one year commitment, volunteers visit their trail section to perform the following tasks:
- Assess and report any maintenance needs or vandalism to the Facility & Parks Maintenance
- Remove any small debris that may be on the trail
- Collect and dispose of any litter along the trail corridor
- Clean trail signs (as needed)
- Trim around trail signs (as needed)
THIS MAP IS FOR ADOPT-A-TRAIL USE ONLY. Sections in BOLD are available!
- Hays Mill Trailhead (TH #1)
- Hays Mill Park Trail (#1)
- Trojan Trail (#2)
- Dixie Street Trail (#3)
- Strickland Road Trail (#4)
- Ayers Dairy Trail (#5)
- Old Newnan Road Trailhead (TH #2)
- Cedar Street Trail (#6)
- Curtis Creek Wetlands Trail (#7)
- Visitor’s Center Trailhead (TH #3)
- Visitor’s Center Trail (#8)
- Fire Station Spur (#9)
- East Carrollton Park Trail (#10)
- Castle Playground Spur (#11)
- Lakeshore Park Trail (#12)
- Lakeshore Drive Trail and Trailhead (#13/TH #4)
- Hobbs Farm Trail Connector (#14)
- Hobbs Farm Trail Loop (#15)
- Hobbs Farm Trailhead (TH #5)
- Rome Street Trail (#16)
- Kingsbridge Trail (#17)
- Little Tallapoosa River Trail (#18)
- Brumbelow Road Trail (#19)
- University of West Georgia Trail (#20)
- Maple Street Trail (#21)
- The Bypass Trail (#22)
- The Shoals at Buffalo Creek Trail (#23)